Today I rode in a taxi that followed a motorcycle driver whose passenger was a full-sized dog. (Not the same one as in the picture, but it gives you some idea.) This amazing pooch wasn’t harnessed or buckled at all. Somehow it remained standing on all fours behind the rider, despite swerves and sudden stops. Perhaps they were on their way to a high-wire competition, or a log-rolling event?
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Death-Defying Dog
I’ve seen some unlikely loads on the backs of motorcycles here—tall canisters of propane gas, newspapers stacked higher than the rider, dozens of cartons filled with fresh eggs. But they’re always held down somehow, usually with tightly stretched bungee cords.
Today I rode in a taxi that followed a motorcycle driver whose passenger was a full-sized dog. (Not the same one as in the picture, but it gives you some idea.) This amazing pooch wasn’t harnessed or buckled at all. Somehow it remained standing on all fours behind the rider, despite swerves and sudden stops. Perhaps they were on their way to a high-wire competition, or a log-rolling event?
Today I rode in a taxi that followed a motorcycle driver whose passenger was a full-sized dog. (Not the same one as in the picture, but it gives you some idea.) This amazing pooch wasn’t harnessed or buckled at all. Somehow it remained standing on all fours behind the rider, despite swerves and sudden stops. Perhaps they were on their way to a high-wire competition, or a log-rolling event?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment