
Lately the weather has seemed unable to decide. It’s been strong sunshine in the morning, followed by a good downpour in the afternoon and sticky humidity in the evening. But just a few days ago, at a ceremony in the country’s most famous temple, the prince formally changed the clothing worn by the emerald buddha. In case I had missed that sign of the “cool” season’s overdue arrival, department stores and hotels today drove home the point by putting up Christmas trees, or at least hanging ornaments from the palms outside their front doors. I saw at least half a dozen of them on my way home.
At the bus stop, a woman wearing a wool scarf was coughing and looking miserable. Tonight’s predicted low: 71°.
2 comments:
Yes, I remember during time in Thailand what it's like to "catch a cold". Tropical cold viruses seem to hold on forever. So, keep that sweater on until it gets above 82.5 degrees!
ken berry
Yes. As the weather cools it can mean only one thing. Football. No Not Soccer. Lions vs. da Bears. Eating way too much stuff and then sitting around the TV for hours. Maybe going out shopping for a bunch of crap we don't need. Now that I think about it, I wish I was in Thailand.
kisses. ~'cenzo
Post a Comment