Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sundays at Home

Sundays have become more social. We’ve started hosting a small meditation group in the morning (about the same time that Quaker Meeting for worship used to begin back in Seattle). Or somebody phones about dropping by in the afternoon.

Jip tolerates having the extra people around. At least, she appears to be enjoying herself while they’re here. Tonight one of her oldest friends, who has been away from Thailand during the time we’ve been here, came over and brought along her parents. Jip smiled throughout the entire visit, but as soon as they left she announced that she was through hosting for a while.

So we’ll see what happens this coming Sunday. It’s also a day when I learn more about the week gone by. Jip often tires before I get home from work, which means sometimes I don’t discover small changes in routine or little bits of news until it’s my turn to be caregiver.

She has mostly been in good spirits lately. It hasn’t seemed to bother her that I’m gone for longer each day than I was before this job started. But maybe the anti-visitor talk means she isn’t handling the change in routine as well as I first thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi hendo! bangkok cheap eats were in the NYT on weds. thought of you. here are the names. the guy said he was always the only westerner (with robert halliday, his friend who lives in bangkok) and the food was amazing.

chote chitr 011 66 2221 4082

chua kim heng 2319 2510

pen 2287 2907

raan jay fai 2223 9384

thip samai 2221-6280

enjoy! xoxox winks