Thursday, June 17, 2010

Visit to the Rest Room Between Flights in Turkey En Route Europe for a Fun Reunion with Old Friends

It looked from the outside like a men’s room. A sign outside the door read “MEN.” But the security guard at Istanbul Airport questioned me suspiciously as I moved toward the entrance.

Soon I knew why. Just inside the door, piles of shoes were scattered about. To the left was a large open shower stall, with faucets placed around knee height. The thing I really needed, a urinal, was nowhere to be found.

Then I looked to the right and saw the prayer rugs. Men were resting all around the edges of the large room. It was not a restroom. I backed out, past the smirking security guard, to continue my search.

1 comment:

Heather W. said...

Just when you think you've got things all figured out.... Hah!