Saturday, August 20, 2005

So What Do I Do All Day?


My jobs are now chief cook, bill-payer, and husband. Soon I hope to shed the first of these titles (I now appreciate the Seattle dinner deliveries more than ever) and concentrate on the second. Jip’s food is important to her, though. It’s one of the few things she still has control over. So in the interest of not forcing too many changes at once, I’m still doing the grocery shopping and most of the meal preparation.

That still leaves time for a swim every day, playing tourist now and then, and trying to improve my Thai. (It’s pretty rusty; I last lived here in 1989.) Luckily, the pace in Thailand isn’t like America’s. What doesn’t get done today can almost always be done tomorrow. Or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only do you have a new haircut, you are beginning to look a bit rested. That sleeping though the night IS all it's cracked up to be!

Anonymous said...

WHAT are you concocting in that pot! Please send a photo of some holy basil in your next organic market outing.